What is a Move Manager?
A move manager is someone who provides personalized relocation services by helping with the emotional and physical aspects of moving. Services are generally used by senior adults who look compassionate guidance and assistance to ease the physical and emotional distress of a move. A move manager assists clients in “Rightsizing” by simplifying their surroundings while keeping what is most important. A move manager is there every step of the way to assist in the sorting and planning of what should be transitioned.
What Services Do Move Managers Offer?
- FREE In-home consultation
- Planning and organizing your move
- Customized floor-planning
- Arranging for donations and/or sale of unneeded items
- Packing your items for your move
- Scheduling vendors of your choice for move day
- Being the point person for questions on move day
- Completely unpacking your belongings
- Re-settling you into your new home
- Cleaning out of your former home
Why Do I/We Need Move Management
Move Management helps with the emotional and physical aspects of moving, making your transition easier for you. Move Management is not a luxury: It’s an investment. Give yourself permission to hire a professional.
After You Leave, What is Left to Do
Nothing, except relax and enjoy your new home! We feel that retirement is time for you to care for yourself and find that perfect maintenance-free lifestyle and that should all begin with your move. When we leave after the “unpack” day, your bed will be made, your dishes will be put away and all of your belongings will have a home in your new home. We will even take all of the packing materials with us.
I Think I May Need Extra Help With Organizing before I Pack. Can You Help?
Absolutely! We not only offer pack and unpack services, but we also offer de-cluttering sessions prior to the pack if you feel that you need extra help!
Question To Ask When Looking For a Move Manager
- Are you insured and bonded?
- Are your employees protected by Worker’s compensation?
- Do you screen your employees and service providers?
- Do you use a written contract?
- Can you provide references?
- Are you a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM)?